National Day provided a welcome mid-week break — and a 20% discount on all books in Kinokinuya. I thought I should know more about the region in which I now live, so bought "SouthEast Asian Affairs 2006", dealing with Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam. As a counter balance to national identity, I added "Identity and Violence - The Illusion of Destiny" by Amartya Sen.
Motivated by a MovingMountains audio blog, I found an iRiver 30, which plays music in mp3 and ogg formats, has a radio, and records sound in mp3 (and presumably ogg). I have a well-used Sony recorder, but cannot find a way of converting the proprietary .msv files into a shareable format. Both will have their uses.
"SouthEast Asian Affairs 2006" edited by Daljit Singh and Lorraine C. Salazar, Institute of SouthEast Asian Studies, Singapore (2006).
"Identity and Violence - The Illusion of Destiny" by Amartya Sen, W.W. Norton & Company Ltd (2006)
2 comments:
Good, hope the iRiver takes and external mic though. Bit of heavy duty reading going on Walter.
Maybe you need Octopus to occupy you!
No external microphone on the T30, but the sound quality is good. Happy to hear your journey to SF was OK and you are safely in Shasta. There are at least 18 Buddhist temples listed my Singapore street guide.
In gassho
Post a Comment