Monday, June 23, 2008

No words needed

As the solstice approaches (24th June?) a picture of the rising sun - I never tire of watching it rise. It now must be close to its most westerly position and will soon begin the trek back for the winter solstice. The angular movement seems far more pronounced in Singapore than ever it was in the UK.


Of late I have been preoccupied with renewing my lease (with a 31% increase, so sharply has the price of property risen since I came here two years ago) and my employment pass, so I am set-up for the final year of my contract. Writing has therefore not been as frequent as it might have been.




I have been spending time in the Buddha's Tooth Relic Temple in Chinatown, a very active Pure Land Temple in the heart of a very busy area. Pictures to follow as I get them together. This reclining Bodhisattva I take to be Guanyin (Avalokiteśvara). It is behind glass and in subdued lighting, but the grace and calm come through.

1 comment:

Mugo said...

Dear Walter,
What a wonderful image of Kanzeon! It has been a very long time since I visited you on-line. And now is see there is a feast of photos. Thanks so much for bringing us a bit of Singapore.

I saw your note about your cat. Would that be a recent event?