Monday, September 11, 2006

Kuan Yin

Kuan Yin (觀音)I made a visit to Kong Men San Phoor Kark See Temple in the early morning thinking that the low light would reveal many things I had missed. I had also become saturated with the commercial life of Singapore and needed space. It is a magnificent temple complex, not least the magnificent Hall of No-Form.

The image is the statue of Kuan Yin (觀音), the bodhisattva of compassion, with the Dharma Hall to the left.

A service was being held in the Mahakaruna or Hall of Great Compassion. A slow chanting, quite different from what I have heard in Japan.

Think not lightly of good, saying,
" It will not come to me."
Drop by drop is the water pot filled.
Likewise, the wise man,
gathering it little by little,
fills himself with good.
- The Buddha (The Dhammapada: 122)


From http://www.kmspks.org/kmspks/donation.htm

No comments: