Friday, November 24, 2006

Poh Ern Shih (Temple of Thanksgiving)

Poh Ern Shih
I had the privilege of crawling round this temple with the architect Lee Coo one evening while it was under construction, through a kind introduction from Reverend Mugo. Thinking it must be much further on from when I last saw it, I looked up the web site, and yes, an 18-day thanksgiving ceremony is planned very soon as the old ceremony hall is closed and the new one brought into use.

The picture is taken from the Poh Ern Shih website and is copyright Lee Coo Consultant Associates. I recall that light and translucency would play a major part in the design. Time to get out of my routine and get down there.

Mr Lee Coo is the architect for the very fine Hall of No-Form at Kong Meng San Phor Kark See (KMSPK) Monastery.

Offered for the troubled soul of whom Rev. Mugo wrote in today's post and for all those who suffer loneliness and despair.

No comments: