This has been quite a week. Leaving for Singapore's Changi last week on a 22:25 flight from Heathrow, I wondered what I was doing. One week on I still wonder when I wake up at odd hours, but the week has gone very well. The first apartment is back on the agenda again, and will now be painted and cleaned up this week. Servicing the air-conditioning every four months is one of the conditions of tenancy – step outside and you know why. I move in next weekend.This weekend I caught up on some sleep, and wandered about a bit. Inevitably I was drawn to the electronics quarter, Sim Lim Square, but escaped relatively unscathed, just a cheap headset to use with Google Talk and a replacement disc drive for my laptop as the existing drive is "ticking" loudly as the heads park. The toys get more exotic as you go upwards, regular stuff on the ground floor, spy cameras and hidden microphones higher up, until at the top, the PC graveyard and everything you might want customised! Repairs, over-clocked PCs - water cooled with glowing cases, 19"-racked blade-servers, build-to-order, you name it, they do it. People cradling their dead PC cases waiting to see the doctor - there must be a place for that in the UK.
From there to Little India. In the Tekka Centre market wandering with the very colorful crowds amongst the food vendors, I discovered Ginger Tea. If I have an award for the week, it must be that, Ginger Tea - and only 70 cents. I thought I had mis-heard!! Nothing in this world is 70 cents. Now I can die!
And the flowers!
I do believe Singapore might get under my skin!
1 comment:
...it already is under your skin.
Post a Comment