Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ecclesiastes

I dipped into Ecclesiastes today, oddly enough for a reason of science, though I confess to often visiting that prophet simply because the words resonate, especially in the King James Version. So today I have been brooding on the following:

Ecclesiates1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

I've been chewing on this all day. It's nothing to do with mis-use of knowledge, deeper than that.

2 comments:

Mugo said...

Yes, I can understand why you are chewing on this Walter. It's something I would/could/can chew on too. Perhaps this will work it's way into todays posting. Thanks.

Mugo said...

Do you know where I can find the image by, I think, Michaelangelo where god is reaching down to man and there is a shaft of light between them? I never did get to contemplate on 'in much wisdom is much grief'. Ah well....another time.