Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Home or lodgings?

I signed a two year lease when I moved here, after a week of looking, and so far, although big for my needs, the 2nd floor apartment overlooking much greenery and the pool, has served me well. Quiet and pleasant especially when a breeze blows through, and space for guests. It's in a condo(minium) (as the Americans and Singaporeans would say), is well-maintained and is convenient for my work (15 minutes), the MRT (train), and the City (30 minutes). Not bad, as these things go. But my landlord, a doctor, decides to sell and I have an stream of potential buyers which at first I could live with, but after three months it is becoming tiresome.

I don't attach much to the place, but I do value the peace, which seems generally undervalued in Singapore. Something will come up, it always does.

No comments: